UPDATED FALL LEAGUE INFORMATION
Update (Sept. 18): Our boys' and girls' Preseason Fall League schedules have been released. Outstate, Metro, East Metro, and North Suburban Fall League schedules will be released on Oct. 5 (girls) and Oct. 12 (boys).
The Breakdown Fall Leagues are run by basketball people for basketball people. Former and current coaches are there to make sure the leagues run efficiently and as such, our Fall Leagues have become the No. 1 high school fall league for varsity, junior varsity and freshman teams.
You decide to play in a league of your choosing at great locations across Minnesota. Teams play back-to-back games on one day and then are done to enjoy the rest of the weekend.
NEW! We're also running a special two-week preseason Fall League in late September/early October at Hopkins High School. Registration is on a separate form.
THREE GREAT METRO FOUR-WEEK LEAGUES (click on location for directions)!
East Metro League
North Suburban League
WE ALSO ARE OFFERING FOUR DIFFERENT OUTSTATE FOUR-WEEK LEAGUES! Register for one, two, three or four weeks and work around busy fall schedules.
Central Minnesota League
Lake Superior League
Rochester Area League
Perham Area League
PRESEASON FALL LEAGUE DETAILS: — SOLD OUT!
This event will sell out fast, so teams who have entered first will have secured spots.
Breakdown Fall League Game Rules
· 18-minute running time first half
· 18-minute running time second half, except during the last two minutes if the score difference is 15 points or less (then stop time)
· Two (2) timeouts per team per game
· Foul rules are the same as high school. Seven (7) for the bonus, ten (10) for the double bonus.
· Players are permitted five (5) fouls before fouling out.
· Free Throw Rule (New) Players will shoot 1 FT for 2 or 3 points (Bonus and Shooting fouls) during the running time portion. Under 2 minutes (Stop time), then players will shoot the normal 2 shots or one and one free throws.
· Overtime is sudden death (First Point) No timeouts in OT (no carryover)
· One (1) technical foul for player or coach; One shot for two points and the ball taken out of bounds.
· Two (2) technical fouls in same game for player or coach; disqualified for the rest of the day and One shot for two points and the ball taken out of bounds.
· Back-to-back games for all teams.
Free Throw Rule
A player shoots one free throw for 2 or 3 points on all shooting fouls. Common fouls will be taken out of bounds unless the team has reached 7 team fouls or the 10 fouls for the double bonus. Then the player will shoot one free throw for 2 points.
The last two minutes of the game in regulation or in overtime, all free throws will go back to normal 1,2 or 3 shots depending on the situation.
The Registration "Basketball Fall Leagues" is not currently available.
IMPORTANT: Please turn in insurance waivers at each tournament during the check-in process. Please don't email or mail.