Update (July 21): All Breakdown Summer Series events (basketball and volleyball) are now full and registrations have been closed. If you'd like to be on a waiting list if there is an opening, please contact Dean Kesler at email@example.com
The Breakdown Fall Leagues are run by basketball people for basketball people. Former and current coaches are there to make sure the leagues run efficiently and as such, our Fall Leagues have become the No. 1 high school fall league for varsity, junior varsity and freshman teams.
You decide to play in a league of your choosing at great locations across Minnesota. Teams play back-to-back games on one day and then are done to enjoy the rest of the weekend.
NEW! We're also running a special two-week preseason Fall League in late September/early October at Hopkins High School. Registration is on a separate form.
site: Hopkins HS (sold out early in 2020!)
girls' dates: Sept. 26 and Oct. 3
boys' dates: Oct 3 and 10
East Metro League: East Ridge HS and Park of Cottage Grove HS
Metropolitan League: Hopkins HS, Kennedy HS, Jefferson HS, and Concordia-St. Paul
North Suburban League: STMA HS and AC
girls' dates: Oct. 17, 24, 31 and Nov. 7
boys' dates: Oct. 24, 31, and Nov. 7, 14
Southern Minnesota League: Kasson-Mantorville HS
Central Minnesota League: St. Cloud/Sauk Rapids HS
girls' dates: Oct. 24, 31, and Nov. 7
boys' dates: Oct. 31, and Nov. 7, 14
Breakdown Fall League Game Rules
· 18-minute running time first half
· 18-minute running time second half, except during the last two minutes if the score difference is 15 points or less (then stop time)
· Two (2) timeouts per team per game
· Foul rules are the same as high school. Seven (7) for the bonus, ten (10) for the double bonus.
· Players are permitted five (5) fouls before fouling out.
· Free Throw Rule (New) Players will shoot 1 FT for 2 or 3 points (Bonus and Shooting fouls) during the running time portion. Under 2 minutes (Stop time), then players will shoot the normal 2 shots or one and one free throws. A player fouled on a made basket will shoot 1 shot.
· Overtime is sudden death (First Point) No timeouts in OT (no carryover)
· One (1) technical foul for player or coach; One shot for two points and the ball taken out of bounds.
· Two (2) technical fouls in same game for player or coach; disqualified for the rest of the day and One shot for two points and the ball taken out of bounds.
Free Throw Rule
A player shoots one free throw for 2 or 3 points on all shooting fouls. Common fouls will be taken out of bounds unless the team has reached 7 team fouls or the 10 fouls for the double bonus. Then the player will shoot one free throw for 2 points. A player fouled on a made basket will shoot one free throw.
The last two minutes of the game in regulation or in overtime, all free throws will go back to normal 1, 2 or 3 shots depending on the situation.
IMPORTANT: Please turn in insurance waivers at each tournament during the check-in process. Please don't email or mail.